Cooperation signing between Thuy Loi University and SDLs – (TLU) – In order to expand cooporation relationships in training and scientific research, technological transfer and recruitment of university graduates; On January 9th, 2018, the Mechanics department of Thuy Loi University signed an MOU memo with Smart Design Labs Co Ltd (SDLs).
Present in the ceremony are Prof. – Dr. Nguyen Quang Kim – Party Committee Secretary – Headmaster; Representatives of Offices, Functional Boards, Mechanics department and the partner.
Smart Design Labs Co Ltd (SDLs) is a pioneering company in supplying high precision 3D technologies solutions with expert, dynamic, creative technical staff trained overseas. SDLs has had many activities in connection with the Mechanics department, Thuy Loi University in creating opportunities for students in their Third Year and higher to have field work experience.
The signing today is an opportunity for both sides to push further activities in training operations, scientific research, technological transfer and recruitment of university graduates. They are:
- Hosting conferences introducing the fields of operation, and the company’s Research & Development scope. Employment and job counseling for Thuy Loi University’s Mechanics department students (hence forth referred to as “students”);
- Host field trips for students who wish to learn and research on 3D technologies;
- Cooperation in training and introducing Mechanics students to 3D technologies such as 3D Scanning, 3D Printing, Reverse Engineering technologies.
- Recruit interns for the company’s industrial 3D printer and 3D scanner projects; intern students graduate, guide for research projects and graduating thesis;
- Recruit Mechanics department’s graduates according to SDLs’ needs;
- Host short-term courses on Reverse Engineering for lecturers and students of Thuy Loi University;
- Cooperations in business, technological transfer for 3D Printers and 3D Scanner products and Reverse Engineering software training services;
- Research & development of products regarding 3D Printers, 3D Scanners, Robotics, etc.;
According to Dr. Doan Yen The – Chief of Mechanics department: “The cooperation between the Department and SDLs not only helps the School’s students, especially those of the Mechanics department, to have a chance to work in real-life company environment, but it also pushes the students’ creative mindset, turning theoretical knowledge taught on lecture rooms into useful skills to be applied in work, as well as creating job opportunities for the University graduates, employed by SDLs themselves”.
In fact, the Mechanics Department already had 3 students in their internships at Smart Design Labs Co Ltd. They are: Nguyen Van Hoai – 55M; Nguyen Cao Thuong – 57M; and Nguyen Duc Quyen – 57M. Among whom Mr. Nguyen Van Hoai has been admitted into the official staff.
It can be said that activities regarding partnerships with firms have always been under special care by the Thuy Loi University in general and the Mechanics department in particular. The Department has been sending its students to visit and apply for internships at large corporations, such as Ebara Pump Co Ltd, based in Hanoi and Hai Duong; TOYOTA Vietnam, Honda Vietnam’s factories, etc.
FPT Global Automotive (FGA) is also one of the companies receiving 7 Year-Four students of the Department as their interns, and they have had positive responses to the Department and the University. Recently, on May 12th, 2017, the Mechanics Department also signed a cooperation contract with Esuhai company regarding training in Japanese language, work skills and recruit graduates during Stage 1 with a 5-year period (2017-2021). The cooperation attracted 90 students to participate in the learning courses, of whom 54 students belong to the Mechanics department.
The signing of the MOU cooperation today also signals a start for further steps between the Mechanics department and SDLs. Henceforth, SLDs can supply information fully, as well as enabling for ordering of training courses, R&D internship programs and Reverse Engineering training programs for the Mechanics department and Thuy Loi University to carry out. It is also an opportunity for both parties to suggest and deploy scientific research projects, cooperation programs, highly-applicable projects for the growth of the socio-economy in relation to the strengths of each party.
Hopefully, with the goals and benefits that both parties are aiming for in order to build a team of highly skilled engineers who can adapt to all work environments, the cooperations would achieve the highest of efficiency, the most important of which is to increase the students’ employment rate while studying at the University.
Smart Design Labs Co Ltd: