1. What Is Reverse Engineering?
The reverse engineering services is the process of redesigning the model – a given physical model through digitizing the sample surface utilizing a coordinate measuring device by scanning 3D machines, CMM machines, or manually and building a design model from digital data. Reverse engineering used actually available objects, through intermediate stages, to bring any object into the 3D design environment. By completing, you will have a complete drawing of the original sample that can be processed.
2. How Does It Work?
– Firstly: We need an object for 3D Scanners to scan. Scanned on the surface of the object to reconstruct its profile. And then export to surface files such as “stl”, “igs”. We can see these files as embryos of the reverse engineering process…
– Secondly: Once you have obtained the scan file of the object. We will import the file into the 3D design environment of the software such as Geomagic Design X, utilizing tools from basic to complex. From step to step to reconstruct the prototype of the object. This is the major step and the most necessary phase of the reverse process which largely depends on the capabilities and knowledge of the designer.
– Third step: after completing the 3D drawing, you can export to drawing 2D to carry out machining, or you continue to use the mold design module in the software to design plastic molds.
– Last but not least-outsourcing: At this stage, the complete file when you finished the work will be automatically processed by the CNC machine, the molding mold, plastic mold, complete molding, from which you will get finished of the reversing process.
3. What can we do with the reverse engineering process?
– The application of reverse engineering very benefits for the product of small size to complex curves or toys or large things.
– Bringing real shapes into the digital product development environment